Q: Car gets hot and accelerates when in park

When I park the car, it accelerate and starts to get hot.

Q: Running warmer then what it should be

If you have a code that says the thermostat is opening to late, I would just replace the thermostat. Codes indicating thermostat problems are usually accurate. I would only recommend being sure the cooling system is completely full before you...

Q: Car will not accelerate when pulling out slow

The transmission of your Sunfire is definitely going into "limp mode," which is second gear only for this vehicle. Your Check Engine Light may also be illuminated; if so, get the codes scanned. They are relevant to this failure. There...

Q: While driving on highway, van door independently opened

Hello. Check back with the dealer on this, escalating if necessary with Saturn Customer Service. There are service bulletins: GM TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN # 07-08-64-007 AND BULLETIN # 07-08-64-007A which provide dealer instructions for verifying proper alignment and sensor condition...