Q: Car gets hot and accelerates when in park

When I park the car, it accelerate and starts to get hot.

Q: Still overheating after replaced coolant

The overheating of your engine can be caused by a few component malfunctions. The low coolant was a good catch. You then need to ask yourself what caused it to be so low. There may be a leak in the...

Q: My car accelerates slowly when first taking off and jumps when it shifts gears. What could it be?

This may be related to low transmission fluid or potentially a faulty transmission control solenoid. As you may know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car's computer activates a...

Q: The brakes are grinding on my car

The best way to tell is to take the wheels off, do a complete inspection of the inner and outer pads on the front, remove the rear drums, and inspect the rear brake shoes. The minimum rotor and drum thickness...