Q: Car gave warning message, but then was fine

I received a warning message while driving stating ETC Engine Failsafe Mode, and I couldn't accelerate past 30 MPH. I turned the car off and started it back up. The warning message was gone and the car drove fine.

A: The ETC means that the electronic throttle ...

The ETC means that the electronic throttle control had an intermittent failure and it is designed to reduced the engine speed to get you to a safe stop. The failure is most likely a bad throttle body which made your car undrivable past 30 MPH. If any of the above symptoms are present with your vehicle, have a certified mechanic conduct an in depth inspection to eliminate any further complications. A mechanic can also replace the failing throttle body to make your driving experience less of a hassle.