Q: Car frequently shuts off

The other day, my car started shutting off during driving. It ran briefly and shut off on my. I tried applying the gas pedal to the limit, but it shut off again. It would also shut off when I'm coming to a stop in the traffic. The car was idling barely above zero. I had some antifreeze leaks that I fixed. After that it kept shutting off. It also became more difficult to start it again after the shutoff. I tried to rev the engine at 1200 RPM while I'm at a stop and that would prevent it from dying out. It would shut off later again however. How serious is this issue?

Hello there. Thanks for writing in about your 1994 Chrysler LeBaron. Many different faults can cause the vehicle to shut off while running. The most common would be a fuel pump, alternator, battery, fuel filter, vacuum leak, MAP sensor, throttle sensor, or a fuel injector. If you need help having all of these items checked, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose this stalling problem and let you know what repairs are needed