Q: Car engine won't turn over

After my vehicle sat for a year, I installed a new battery. The vehicle cranks, but won't turn on.

A: The most likely cause of this issue would b...

The most likely cause of this issue would be bad gasoline in the tank. If the fuel in the tank is the same as the last time it was driven, it may be a problem for the vehicle. If the truck has been parked outside the whole time, it is also possible that the fuel could have water in it. I have two recommendations that may help. The first and best recommendation would be to have the fuel drained from the tank and replaced with a full tank of fresh gasoline. This service could be performed by a professional, such as one from YourMechanic as they are mobile and would save you the towing bill. The other recommendation I have would be much more cost efficient but also may not work. You could attempt to pour a bottle of gasoline antifreeze into your gas tank and fill it up with fresh fuel from there. This should remove any water that could be in the tank as well as mix any bad fuel with good fuel making the engine more likely to start and run. If you are still having problems, a qualified technician can diagnose and repair your no-start issue in order to get your car back on the road.