Q: Car engine dies

Hello, I have a problem with starting my car and need some help. I will try to describe the problem as best as i can. The car will start hardly after about 3 times everytime I leave the car in a parking lot for about 4 hours or more, but if left for else then the engine will start immediately. So i got home from work and next morning i try to start the car and as usual it took 3 or more times for the car to start, but the engine soon died after about 10 seconds. Engine will crank but most of the time won't start. It can take about 5 times or more before the engine finally starts. After about 10 seconds the RPM will slowly fall down for about 2 seconds and then the engine will die.

A: The first thing I would do is have the turb...

The first thing I would do is have the turbo/intake system 'smoke' tested or visually inspected for any leaks. Without a smoke machine, you could spray your engine and turbo system with brake cleaner and listen for idle changes to help determine if there is a leak. The brake cleaner method is not as effective as using a smoke machine.

Next, checking your fuel pressure is in order to see if you lose fuel pressure as it sits or if the fuel pump in the tank is weak. If the fuel pump in the tank is weak or losing pressure, it would cause the engine to crank as you mentioned. Performing a fuel pressure test is not easy and requires a special tool. If you want to have this looked at a technician from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose your stalling issue.