Q: Car drove fine until headlights turned on

I just replaced my battery in my car. It was driving smoothly until I turned my headlights on. The car then started to lose power. Is it an issue with my alternator?

Hello there. It is very possible. A charging test will need to be completed on the alternator. If the alternator passes the charging test, then the wiring connections both at the positive and ground side of the battery need to be inspected. Areas where the insulation looks melted or the cable feels hot (do not physically touch cable hotspots as burns or injury can occur) may indicate loose or contaminated connections. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose the charging problems and loss of power your vehicle is encountering.