Q: Car drives funny

Car seems to draw to much power when heat and radio are on. Alt is fine. Car pulls to the left a lot. Bad serpentine belt? Or alternator belt? Or possibly both? Was making noise when the heater was on but replaced the radiator hoses and hasn't made the noise again since. Timing belt and water pump were replaced around 120,000 miles. Engine does have a slight rattle to it when idling. Hoping not a more serious sign of transmission problems

A: Hi there. It sounds like a couple of differ...

Hi there. It sounds like a couple of different issues going on. The pulling would be related to the suspension such as an alignment problem or possibly a pull from a tire. As for the power draw, I would need to know what it is doing that makes you think this. If it is a noise then it can be that the belt is worn out or loose or it can be a bad connection at the alternator or negative battery cable. I usually check the connections and the condition of the battery. It can also be from that timing belt if it is was not tightened properly. If you are planning on having this pulling issue and power loss checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.