Q: Car dosent not stay on and it's running very rich

Car does not stay on when I turn it over it starts up right away then it dies ( 5speed) but if I hold the gas down at a specific point the car will stay on and the rpms will jump up and down and car will smell very rich the car is OBD0 and car is throwing map sensor code and ignition and fuel system and I'm curious to know if the map sensor can trigger this issue... the car has a map on the throttle body and a spare against the fire wall I tire both but car is doing the same and the odds of them both being bad is kinda hard to belive from my point of view but I would like to know if there is something else I'm missing like is there something else that can cause this situation. Thank you

The MAP sensor relies on the correct signals being sent to it. It is possible that the sensor itself may be working properly, but that the input signal to it may not be working properly. Try checking this along with the O2 sensor as well as this can also cause the car to run rich if it is picking up incorrect exhaust gases and making the wrong changes to the fuel mixture. If you need help pinpointing the fault, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the stalling problem and assist with repairs.

3. Car dosent not stay on and it's running very rich