Q: Car doesnt start or stalls out quickly

changed out fuel pump believed to have been faulty with a new one from oreilly but car still doesn't get fuel to carb. changed out fuel filter, air filter, ignition control module, but still no fuel, was wondering if it could be the idle control motor seeing how even when the car was running it would typically stall once your foot was off the gas pedal ie. stopping at a stop sign . . .

A lot of times on older Ford four-cylinder engines, the problem is mechanical. In most cases, (if your engine is the 1.9L fuel injected model) the issue of stalling out or having difficulty starting is related to the throttle body or the fuel injectors themselves being clogged with fuel deposits. Since you changed out the fuel pump and the filters, fuel should be flowing to the injector rail (or the carb is you’ve got the older carburetor engine). I’d start by doing the simple things first, like cleaning the throttle body (or carb) before spending any more money chasing the issue. If the clean doesn’t work, contact one of our local mechanics to help you out.

Best of luck!