Q: Car doesn't start

I have a 2001 BMW 3 series 325i which has been sitting in the driveway for 8 months which Jae's the been started in 3 months. Recently I've bought a battery which makes the car work now but not fully and by not fully I mean it's not starting. Although everything cuts on such as the radio, tail lights, and headlights due to the batteries fuel it doesn't fully start up. I think it could be 3 things either I need a new starter, new fluid, and or an alternator I need help as to finding out what could it be.

If the car has been parked for many months, the gasoline in the fuel tank is bad and that alone will cause a no start condition. Gas has a relatively limited shelf life. In a scenario where the gas has gone bad, the fuel tank would have to be thoroughly drained and there might be additional work required on the fuel system. Once the fuel issue is resolved, broadly, in a no start scenario, if the starter motor is turning the engine over rapidly, at sufficient RPM, but the engine does not catch and run, that means that there is an ignition, fuel, air induction, or mechanical fault in the engine that will have to be repaired. If compression is found to be within factory specifications, and there is fresh fuel being delivered by the fuel injectors (not just "to" the injectors) and the ignition system is working, that means that the air fuel ratio of the mixture delivered to the cylinders is so far off the mixture won’t ignite. Such could be due to an air induction fault like a stuck idle air control valve or, considering fuel, could be due to a failed temperature sensor that must be working properly to signal the PCM to enrich the mixture on cold start. If there is no starter motor operation at all, the diagnostic involves determining whether or not power is reaching the starter motor. If there is no power to the starter motor, the starter circuit has to be diagnosed. If there is power to the starter motor and yet it doesn’t run, the starter is condemned and replaced. Regardless of the underlying cause, if you request a no start diagnostic the responding certified mechanic will get the problem diagnosed and repaired for you. Please let us know if you have further concerns or questions as we are always here to help you.