Q: Car doesn't start

I was able to spray the starter fluid into the throttle body and the car runs for a few seconds and then stops. So I thought it may be a fuel pump issue. I changed fuel pump and fuel filter but its still the same problem. Battery is ok, It has fuel pressure. Alternator is fine, and there is spark coming from the plugs.

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. I'd be...

Hi there, thanks for writing in. I'd be happy to help. This suggests you have a vacuum leak or some kind of fuel supply issue. I recommend checking the injector voltage to be sure they are getting the correct amount of power to them. There should be a check engine light on as well which would indicate potential issues if you have the computer scanned.

If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed. The technician will have a scanner to download trouble codes for your car as well.