Q: Car doesn't start all of the time

I am having repeated trouble with the ignition. The car sometimes won't start. The instruments have power, but I can't get the car out of park. I also hear a click when I turn the key. I have replaced multiple parts, including the battery, but this hasn't solved the problem. The car will sometimes start a couple of hours later on a second or third attempt to start.

While the description provided was detailed, unfortunately the information for your Jaguar is a bit limited to make a proper diagnosis on what you are experiencing. It was mentioned that multiple parts were replaced on the vehicle, and knowing you have a good battery does help but without knowing which parts were replaced, it is difficult to move forward. Assuming you did not replace the starter, one of the symptoms you describe can be duplicated by the starter intermittently failing. A faulty brake switch can prevent your Jaguar from being shifted out of park, however it is just one of many components that can duplicate this concern. It may be time to enlist the assistance of a certified mechanic to come by and look over your Jaguar. They will have the experience and tools to identify why your XK8 is experiencing an intermittent starting problem as well as determine why you cannot shift your vehicle out of park. They will also be able to perform the necessary repairs needed to allow your Jaguar to start and shift into gear every time.

3. Car doesn't start all of the time