Q: Car does not want to start after fueling.

Whenever I get gas, I have trouble starting my car up. The more gas I get the more attempts it takes to turn it on. The car just revs up and the engine doesn't start. It can take 1-4 tries before it turns on. Once in it acts perfectly fine until I need to refuel it again.

Hi, thanks for writing in. There are two things that instantly pop into mind. First, your gas cap may be damaged, not creating a tight seal which can cause the symptoms you’re describing. Second, there may be an issue with your EVAP canister purge valve or solenoid. This is responsible for purging excess "gases" inside the fuel cell for environmental reasons. The best way to have the exact cause determined is to set up an appointment with one of our local mechanics, who can inspect and diagnose your issue when your schedule permits by coming to your home or office.