Q: Car does not start sometimes. says brake system in the top left of the HUD.

Over the past few days,

I have started the car, the HUD turns on and the speedo meter goes from 0 to max mph and back to zero like it does when i start the car. But than i hear clicking sounds and the car does not say "ready to drive" in the top left like usual. It says check brake system. and gives a warning sound. I take the key out. wait 10 seconds and try again. sometiems it will give me the error 2x but it almost always starts up after trying again.

Hello there, the brake warning is a safety feature on your 2010 Ford Fusion hybrid indicating there is something wrong. Though the fault goes away after a few key cycles when it keeps coming back this indicates that the car detects a fault still, preventing the vehicle from starting is a failsafe mode.

If the brake check indicator is on than the car should be scanned by a technician to see what codes are stored in the brake computer. To avoid any unnecessary repairs, a qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your brake warning light and make any repairs required to resolve the issue.

• Car does not start sometimes. says brake system in the top left of the HUD.