Q: Car does not start sometimes. says brake system in the top left of the HUD.

Over the past few days,

I have started the car, the HUD turns on and the speedo meter goes from 0 to max mph and back to zero like it does when i start the car. But than i hear clicking sounds and the car does not say "ready to drive" in the top left like usual. It says check brake system. and gives a warning sound. I take the key out. wait 10 seconds and try again. sometiems it will give me the error 2x but it almost always starts up after trying again.

A: Hello there, the brake warning is a safety ...

Hello there, the brake warning is a safety feature on your 2010 Ford Fusion hybrid indicating there is something wrong. Though the fault goes away after a few key cycles when it keeps coming back this indicates that the car detects a fault still, preventing the vehicle from starting is a failsafe mode.

If the brake check indicator is on than the car should be scanned by a technician to see what codes are stored in the brake computer. To avoid any unnecessary repairs, a qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your brake warning light and make any repairs required to resolve the issue.