Q: Q: Car dies

My car starts but won't keep running.

Q: Engine misfires intermittently.

The most common cause of a random misfire on the Tribute is a failing ignition coil. The computer should be scanned to see if there are any codes and then the engine data should be monitored to see what the...

Q: Transmission slamming into gear

When the transmission bangs into gear, it is usually due to either the engine or transmission mounts. When the mounts are worn out, they allow excessive movement that is noticed when switching between drive, park, neutral, and reverse at idle....

Q: Car runs rough and eventually stalls when idling or at traffic lights

Your stalling problem may be due to a vacuum leak in the engine, but one that only when it is warmed up. This would lead me to believe there is a possible problem with the EGR valve and its intake...