Q: car dies while driving

My Durango just recently started stalling while driving ( only happens on hot days) after letting the car sit for 10 to 15 minutes the car will restart. The engine temp. Gage never gets past 210 degrees. Security warning light came on a couple times as well. There is no check engine light . Any ideas?? Thanks ,Pete.

A: A couple of different items can cause the c...

A couple of different items can cause the car to stall while running. The most common are:

• fuel pump
  • fuel filter
  • MAF sensor
  • oxygen sensor
  • vacuum leaks
  • exhaust leak

Usually, the reason a car will start and run fine then stall is that the failing component is on the verge of failing, and when the vehicle gets hot, the part fails and must cool down before it will work again.

A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose this intermittent stall issue and perform any repairs required.