Q: Q: Car dies

My car starts up and idles for a bit then shuts off, when I start it up and try to change gears , it dies immediately.

Hello, and thank you for writing in. Typically when this happens there is an issue with the air or fuel supply to the engine. You can scan the vehcile for diagnostic codes if you are able to without much trouble, as it may shed some light on what is going on. Otherwise, you will want to inspect the idle air control valve, throttle body, throttle position sensor, and mass air flow sensor. All of these components can be removed from the vehicle and cleaned. You may also want to look into the fuel pump and injectors. These fuel components can be tested electrically, but the fuel pump needs to be pressure tested. For more help with diagnosis and repairing the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.