Q: Car dies after starting.

I am not sure what is wrong. My car starts but dies right after.

A: What happens if you put your foot on the ga...

What happens if you put your foot on the gas? Does it continue to run at this point? If so, your problem is most likely going to be in the idle air control system. The most common problem that plagues this system is carbon buildup in the throttle body area and IAC valve and passages if your car is equipped with them. The first step to take is to have a mechanic inspect your vehicle, he will probably perform a very thorough cleaning of the throttle body and any IAC passages. He will perform a reset of the module and a new learning of the minimum position of the throttle blade and/or the IAC pintle.