Q: Q: Car died while driving.

Girlfriends car wouldn't start. I used my van to give it a jump. Van started. Gave her car a jump. Sent her on her way. Got in my van, made it two blocks and it died while driving. Plenty of gas. Turn key all electronic come on but no turn over. Got it to start for a few seconds a couple of times, but not long enough to get anywhere. Oil sensor light has been flashing for a while. Only while stopped. Goes off when driving. Could that be the problem? Or maybe crankshaft sensor?

Hello. Thank you for writing in. How old is your battery? Considering your symptoms are similar to battery failure issues, start by checking the battery. You can do this at home with a voltmeter (your looking for 10volts when cranking), or you can have it tested at most automotive parts stores. This is quick and easy to do, and it will make sure it gets ruled out immediately if its not the issue. If the starter is not turning after the vehicle stalled, then there is an electrical issue of kind. Check the battery’s ground. It will be located on the body or frame of the car somewhere near the battery. Make sure all wiring and connections involved with the charging and starting systems are clean, dry, and tight.

3. Q: Car died while driving.