Q: Car delays in moving fast anytime I accelerate

I'm having trouble when I accelerate to pass another car on the interstate. When I try to accelerate, the car delays 1-2 seconds 'before' it actually speeds up. I've been told by the dealership that the transmission shifts normally. What should I do?

A: The CVT transmission on these vehicles can ...

The CVT transmission on these vehicles can seem to have a delay in acceleration at certain speeds and may take time to lower the ratio in order to give you acceleration at higher speeds. You can try and manual down shift first and accelerate to see if this makes a difference. The vehicle, when in an overdrive speed, will limit the engine power it will have and the transmission will need to shift out of an overdrive speed to give you the power to pass someone. This is a normal condition.