Q: Car dealer says there is a slight noise in transmission,then says it's the slave cylinder, does that cause a noise? 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse

Car dealer says there's a slight noise in the transmission, then later he said it's the slave cylinder that needs repaired. My question is will the slave cylinder cause the noise he was first telling me? Also total cost to repair slave cylinder and clutch cylinder?

Hello - no, a slave cylinder will not create noise - clutch or transmission - on it’s own. Noise when the clutch is out, and the transmission is in neutral, is generally the transmission input bearing or countershaft bearings. Noise when the clutch is pressed can be the clutch throwout bearing or pilot bearing. I recommend a transmission inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Car dealer says there is a slight noise in transmission,then says it's the slave cylinder, does that cause a noise? 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse