Q: Car cutting off while driving

I have a few parts that I think need replacing: the water pump and front strut mounts. In addition I need the air conditioner and throttle body serviced. The car cuts off while I am driving.

A: Multiple issues here. The strut mounts req...

Multiple issues here. The strut mounts require special tools which are not an on-site repair. The water pump requires timing belt replacement as well (which is intensive). The air conditioner also requires special tools where the repairs may require a lot of work. The idle/cut-off problem requires diagnosis which may range from a simple vacuum leak to a more severe issue. 2000 model Volvos are not simple to diagnose. However, a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic can assist you in diagnosis and repair.