Q: Car cutting off

Car reads trac stability, then it stalls, then engine light comes on. Recently it cut off and the only way it would start was by getting a jump. The lights weren't dim nor showed any signs of needing a jump. I just assumed that i jump it. I also noticed something as well reading "throttle" I dont have money to repair my car. Chevy told me to bring it in to put on machine that alone is going to cost me 89.00 dollars. He then told me to be prepared to spend alot because that trac stability is something that is not good.

Unfortunately, the only way to be certain of the cause, is to diagnose why the traction control light is on. The traction/stability control systems piggy back on the anti-lock brake system. Using input from a number of sensors like wheel speed, vehicle speed, and throttle position sensors, the traction control system can reduce throttle input and brake individual wheels when they are slipping/spinning faster than others. Replacing parts at random would be a very expensive method to "guess" what is wrong with the vehicle as most electronic parts are not returnable once installed in the vehicle. Replacing parts at random can wind up costing you hundreds or even thousands more, than properly diagnosing the exact cause of the problem.