Q: Car cuts out while driving also makes a squeaking sound

when I start the car it sounds like it wants to die. It will cut out until I reach freeway speed.

Although your engine has to be fully diagnosed, a malfunctioning idle air control valve could cause the symptoms you are reporting. However, there are other causes such as vacuum leaks, a malfunctioning air sensor, clogged fuel injectors, and even cylinder compression imbalances, but such would have to be drastic to cause stalling. If you would like to have an expert scope this out, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the stalling issue.