Q: Car cuts out when stopping and won't start

My car cuts out and won't start when pulling up to traffic lights or roundabouts Turns over but won't start . If I leave it for 6 to 8 hours it will start after a while !! Been told it could be the injector loom .any ideas please ??

In order to figure out what is happening, you will first need to do some diagnostics. This will require connecting a fuel gauge, spark tester and a noid light to your car. Often, the hardest part of diagnosing the symptoms you have described is reproducing the problem. But once you do, with the tools previously mentioned connected to your vehicle, you will know what is missing.

All internal combustion engines need spark, fuel pressure and a signal from the powertrain control module telling the injectors when to open and for how long. The signal from the powertrain control module is tested with a noid light plugged into an injector connector in place of one injector. Once you figure out what is missing, you will then need a wiring diagram or scanner to follow a diagnostic procedure to figure out what is failing.

I recommend you have a qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic.com, inspect why your car isn’t starting.

3. Car cuts out when stopping and won't start