Q: Car cuts off while driving after sitting for a few hours cuts back on check engine light comes on but does not stay on

My mothers car cut off while she was driving it. We tried to jump it with no luck. It took a little over an hour to have it towed home. Once it was home she tried to crank it up and it started up immediately. The next morning she drove it and it cut off again. After sitting for almost 2 hours she was able to get it started and drive it back home. Its been sitting for almost a week she has taken it to two different shops with no definite answer about what the problem is. Everything they thought was wrong isnt including the catalytic converter. One said maybe the crankshaft sensor and another thinks it could be something with the transmission

3. Car cuts off while driving after sitting for a few hours cuts back on check engine light comes on but does not stay on