Q: Car cuts off when heating up

The car cuts off when it is running and heating up. In addition, the Check Engine light is on and the car has an oil leak.

A: Hi. A common problem for that particular en...

Hi. A common problem for that particular engine to stall is the MAF sensor is bad. The MAF sensor tells the computer how much air is coming into the intake and will compensate fuel based on how much air is flowing. If it goes haywire, the computer can't tell how much fuel to release in the intake, causing the engine to stall. I would recommend having a technician come out and inspect the Check Engine Light to determine if the problem is in fact the MAF sensor or something else.