Q: Car cuts off when heating up

The car cuts off when it is running and heating up. In addition, the Check Engine light is on and the car has an oil leak.

3. Car cuts off when heating up

Q: My car has recently been taking about 5 minutes of cranking to start - do I need to replace the engine?

Before resorting to removing the engine, have a certified technician properly diagnose your hard starting condition. Hard starting or a long cranking situation can be caused by a number of things. The "system too lean" code can contribute to a...

Q: Door ajar alarm and locks clicking

The door ajar light is telling you one of the door switches is opening, causing the light to come on and the door locks to cycle since the transmission is in drive. The best way to pinpoint the issue is...

Q: Q: Starting issues

Hey there. Thanks for writing in about your 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix. There are many possible causes for a car not to start. Based on your description, however, I believe there is something wrong with your ignition system. I would...