Q: Car cut off when I come to a stop

Every morning when I get up I'll start my car and let it warm up. My car will sound ok and the next 5 or 10 minutes you will hear a squealing sound coming from the engine. If I drive it before the meter is between the hot and cold the car will shut off when I reach a stop sign or stop light but as long as I keep my foot on the gas it won't cut off. I've done change the alternator, the battery, cleaned the iac sensor/valve and I put a new belt on it. Can you please tell me what's wrong with it?

Hi There, What you are describing sounds like potentially a faulty throttle position sensor. The throttle position sensor monitors the throttle position of the throttle plate inside the throttle body in relation to your foot position on the gas pedal. Based upon the inputs from the sensor reading your foot’s position on the pedal, the ECU then makes the direction to supply more or less fuel to the motor. When this sensor is not working properly, this can cause intermittent responses when pressing the gas pedal. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to you home to diagnose your vehicle’s running condition.

3. Car cut off when I come to a stop