Q: Car cut off 1996 Ford Contour

I bumped a curb with my left front wheel, and shortly after the car completely cut off while I was driving--no power whatsoever. It didn't jump or stall, it just cut off completely. When I put the key in and turn it, it does not crank or turn over. The car will not shift gears. The battery was tested and is fully charged, but no power is being delivered to the car: no headlights, no dash or sensor lights, no windows/locks...no electrical function at all. What is causing this? Please help!!!

Hello - depending on how hard you "bumped the curb", you may have damaged a ground cable from the engine to the chassis, cutting off all electrical connections to the battery. I recommend an electrical system inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.