Q: Car cranks fine until I try to start

When I try to crank the car, everything comes on just fine. Once I turn the key to actually start it, the car is silent and does not start. I checked the EMS module and it has been tampered with.

A: Hello, the module you are referring to is a...

Hello, the module you are referring to is an EWS module. The EWS module is the anti-theft module. Someone probably tried one the repairs found on the internet, leading to the tampered module. You are probably going to have to get it to a dealer to replace the module and program it. You can also have this problem inspected by a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to get a proper diagnosis.