Q: Car cranks but won't start

My car will crank but won't start. At first we thought it was the battery, so we bought a new battery placed it in and made sure everything was tightened. Went to turn it on, nothing. So, checked the starter and took that in for a test just to find out there's nothing wrong with it. Thought it could possibly be the fuel pump and so we bought a new one and turns out it works just fine. Not sure what else it could be.

Hey there:

In most cases, when an engine won’t start but the starter engages and cranks the engine over, it’s due to a fuel delivery or ignition system malfunction. There are more than a dozen individual components that could cause this issue, ranging from a faulty mass air flow sensor to a crankshaft position sensor. You might want to have a mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection; so they can determine what is causing your Toyota to experience this issue and they can recommend the right repairs be completed.