Q: Car cranks, but will not start. If I pull the fuel line off, it starts up to 500 rpm then dies.

I have made sure it gets fuel and spark. Vehicle will not run, it keeps flooding the engine. I have went through all sensor and grounds, I have no idea what is wrong.

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. I’d be hap...

Hi there, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy to help.

You can disconnect the vacuum line to the fuel pressure regulator on the fuel injector rail to see if fuel comes out of the regulator. If it does, then replace it and change the oil and filter and clear the codes. If no fuel is coming out of regulator, then have fuel pressure tested to see if one of the fuel injectors is stuck open flooding the engine. Then, replace the fuel regulator or leaking injector. Try to scan the vehicle and compare readings of the sensors to specifications. The mass air sensor may be causing the excessive fuel problem.

If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make any repairs as needed.