Q: car cranks but no start

Key got wet dryed it off several days later key unlocked car security light was flashing car cranks won't start

Many newer vehicles have a computer chip in the key that communicates with the vehicle to start the vehicle when the key was turned. It is possible that when your key was submerged in water that the computer chip was damaged. This could be because the chip has rusted due to the water. It is very likely that the key will have to be replaced and reprogrammed in order to resolve this issue.