Q: car cranks bur wont stay running.

The car will crank but will not stay running. The fuel pump is engaging when the switch is turned. The car was last drove two weeks ago.

It’s time to have a mechanic come out and check the basics on your Grand AM. The fuel pressure needs to be tested and the ignition spark needs to be verified. Correct crankshaft position sensor signals should also be verified. An experienced pro will be able to use some basic test equipment and some more advanced equipment like a scan tool to diagnose why your Pontiac doesn’t continue to run.

3. car cranks bur wont stay running.