Q: Car continues to have problems starting and keeping the battery charged

When I purchased the car I had replaced the alternator and the battery, because when I'd try and stars it all it would do is crank and never turn over. It does turn over occasionally but not consistently. Recently when trying to start the car after two or three times trying to start the car it stops cranking and just clicks. I don't know what the issue is

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. Quite ofte...

Hi there, thanks for writing in. Quite often, the issues you’re talking about are caused by an ignition or fuel related problem, which can cause difficulty starting the engine. Once the engine fires however, it should charge the battery. If this is not happening on your Camaro, it’s can be due to several components; ranging from electrical wires from the alternator to the battery to the alternator itself. The best option is to have one of our mechanics complete a battery will not hold a charge inspection so they can find the source of your problem. Hope this helps and best of luck!