Q: Car clicks when trying to start and engine light threw codes and starter and battery good

Car clicks when trying to start and engine light threw codes and starter and battery are good but it was cranking over then stopped. Could it be a burned wire or possibly ecm?

This is a common sign of a faulty starter solenoid. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your starter.

• Car clicks when trying to start and engine light threw codes and starter and battery good