Q: Car burning a lot of oil, owner wants to swap the engine

My car has been burning a lot of oil lately. The engine is 1ZZ-FE. The car has a 5-speed manual transmission. I was wondering how difficult it would be to swap the engine. I'm looking at a 2003 GT-S, 2ZZ-GE engine. Would would I need in order to do this correctly? What tools and other parts? I appreciate your help.

Hello. If you are going to replace your engine with this one, you will not need any special tools, but you will need the electronics from the donor vehicle that the new engine is coming from. The engine is not exactly the same, so the electronics will be different using different sensors. You will need all of this from the other vehicle to make this work. You will then need to have the computer programmed to work in your vehicle. It can be quite the undertaking to do this right, so it may be in your best interest to have a specialist assist with this swap.