Q: Car broke down after installing distributor.

I put in a new distributor. The car ran for 15 minutes and then broke down. Do I need my timing fixed?

3. Car broke down after installing distributor.

Q: Nissan exterra security light flashing car won't start

This suggests you have a malfunction in your security system that is disabling the ability of the vehicle to start. When the security system is functioning properly, the goal is for it to disable the car's ability to start when...

Q: The gas cap on my car broke off. (The black knob you use to screw in the gas cap.) The gas cap is stuck securely in the fuel neck. How can I remove it?

Hi there. To remove the gas cap that broke off, get a pair of needle nose pliers and use it to remove the gas cap. Try to locate a part of the gas cap that you can grab with the...

Q: When driving, my engine sounds like it is missing

You definitely have a misfire. It sounds like the misfire gets worse under load, which is why the Check Engine Light starts blinking. This indicates the catalytic converter is being damaged. A misfire under load is usually caused by a...