Q: Car battery is draining - 1984 Chevrolet K10

I can’t get my batteries to hold a charge on my suburban 4x4 6.21 diesel. When I jumped started the truck it ran really good. And I used 2 separate battery chargers just in case. When it’s running the voltmeter shows 15 volts. But I can’t find anything turned on that I need to turn off that causing my batteries to drain. Do you have any idea what could be causing this?

Hello. On your vehicle, it is important to check all of the circuits to make sure that nothing is staying on. If everything appears to be turned off, then most of the time it is caused by an ignition switch that is failing. It should be tested to see if it is staying on. If it is, then the switch will need to be replaced. It can also be a relay problem but this is not as common. If you need help having this checked, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the battery problem and let you know what needs repair.

3. Car battery is draining - 1984 Chevrolet K10