Q: Car battery died

Car battery died after being left for 2 weeks. Jumper cables did not work. What to do next?

3. Car battery died

Q: Blown head gasket, how much it will cost to fix including parts and labor?

Hello, thanks for writing in about your 1999 Subaru Legacy. As you may know, the labor and parts to replace a blown head gasket on your car may very well exceed the price you are asking for it. In my...

Q: Slipping transmission until it warms up in a 1998 Subi Forester

It's starting to wear out. It's notorious for Subarus and it's one of the reasons I tell people not to buy Subaru. You've got 215,000 miles, so you've got a lot of life out of it and can't complain about...

Q: Car slows down while accelerating

You should first replace the fuel filter and road test to see if engine runs better. If problem continues then test and replace the fuel pump.