Q: Car battery dead but it turns on with cables but when I leave it off for 30 mins it dies

So my car battery is dead, when I charge it, it turns on and I drive it around for about 45 mins and when I turn it off for 30 mins it dies again. I don't know if it's the battery or alternator ?

If you can restart the car after driving it but if vehicle sits for more than 30 minutes then will not crank the engine then you most likely have a bad battery due to dead cells inside the battery. Replace the battery and have the charging system checked.

3. Car battery dead but it turns on with cables but when I leave it off for 30 mins it dies