Q: My car automatic shuts down and when it starts again black smoke come out heavy from muffler.

my car runs and turns off automatic sometimes...but when it starts again black smoke come out heavy from muffler..i already change gas filter still the same, fuel pump is still working...i cant scan it theres no scanning plug, it also misfire and it cannot go over to any steep road faster, i can only use first gear to go...but this is like an irritating issued, is when im on the road then it automatically shuts down....can you help me on this please..Im not a mechanic..but If you can tell me what exactly whats happening to my car, then I will very appreciate much!

Thanks, Jake

3. My car automatic shuts down and when it starts again black smoke come out heavy from muffler.