Q: My car automatic shuts down and when it starts again black smoke come out heavy from muffler.

my car runs and turns off automatic sometimes...but when it starts again black smoke come out heavy from muffler..i already change gas filter still the same, fuel pump is still working...i cant scan it theres no scanning plug, it also misfire and it cannot go over to any steep road faster, i can only use first gear to go...but this is like an irritating issued, is when im on the road then it automatically shuts down....can you help me on this please..Im not a mechanic..but If you can tell me what exactly whats happening to my car, then I will very appreciate much!

Thanks, Jake

Hi there. Check the ignition system on your vehicle and see when the last time your vehicle has had a tune-up. I recommend replacing the spark plug wires and plugs with the factory design plugs and cleaning the fuel injection system with a fuel injection cleaner. The black smoke coming out of your exhaust pipe is unburnt fuel. This could be caused by a sticking injector or a fouled out spark plug and wire. If you need further assistance with a tune-up, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. My car automatic shuts down and when it starts again black smoke come out heavy from muffler.