Q: Car accelerates as if being feather then the engine shuts off

Hi I have a 2002 Mitsubishi Diamante and It had a bad alternator in it I put a new alternator in and during the process had to take out the radiator After put the new alter in and putting the radiator I had put in some new antifreeze/coolant Now I tried turning on the car to let it circulate and now the car seems like it is struggling to stay on it the car try to push it self like as if I was feathering the accelerator with out no one touching it and then cuts off after

Hi there. There are a lot of possible issues that can cause this. If this occurred right after the replacement of the alternator then I would check the fuses first. It is possible that a wire got shorted during the installation and may have blown a fuse. If the fuses are fine then I would scan the computer for codes to see what comes up. It sounds like it may have an air flow meter that is not hooked up or possibly another sensor.

A computer scan tool would be needed to check the sensors to make sure they are sending a good signal. If you want to have this looked at, consider contacting a certified mechanic who can come to your home or office to diagnose this stalling issue.