Q: cant remove the key from the ignition/or turn it to the lock position on the ignition unless i disconnect the battery...

anyone have any ideas or ever encountered this problem????

Hello there, A few different faults will cause your 2002 Mazda MPV to get the key stuck in the ignition. The most common faults would be the ignition switch, key cylinder, worn key, or a wiring harness fault. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose why the key is getting stuck and make any required repairs to resolve the issue.

• cant remove the key from the ignition/or turn it to the lock position on the ignition unless i disconnect the battery...