Q: Cannot rev engine

The Electronic Throttle Control light is on. The car starts, but I cannot rev the engine.

Hello. I have ran across this many times on this engine. It is almost always the throttle body. The throttle body motor fails and will no longer work which results in the throttle plate staying stationary. A mechanic would start by checking the wiring to the throttle body and the accelerator pedal. Then they would use a computer scan tool to monitor the readings from the sensors on both of these. If everything else looks fine then the throttle body would need be replaced. If you plan on having this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic will be able to come to your home or office to resolve this issue.

3. Cannot rev engine