Q: Cannot remove heating /ventilation module to get access to the heater core

I removed the DASH. Trying to take out the heating ventilation module to replace leaking heater core. I losened the two lower right mountng studs, and the bolt from the insude of the firewall. Also, I took out the blower motor resistor and removed the hidden bolt inside that cavity on the firewall, outside. Also , removed the nut from the mounting stud located just to the right of the heater core hose connections...

So, in total I removed and loosened 5 bolts/stud nuts..

I can pull the right lower inside unit away about one inch from the firewall, but the left side will not budge ... Are there some other hidden nuts on the left side of the heating ventilation unit that o cannot readily see?

Hey there. You should be able to remove the heater core by itself. Once you have the dashboard pulled forward, you will need to disconnect the hoses on the heater core. Next, you will want to remove the bolts on the on the outside of the heater core box. Some of these screws will need to be accessed through the glove box access panel. You will likely need an extension to reach them.

Once you can remove the box surrounding the heater core, you should be able to access the retaining straps that hold the heater core in its place. After you have removed these straps the heater core should be able to lift free. It will likely take some maneuvering to get it out from the vehicle. It sounds like you may be trying to remove the heater core with the cover still in place which will be more difficult. Since it sounds like you are making these repairs from home, a repair guide or manual will help dramatically with the exact location of every nut and bolt. If you do not feel comfortable moving forward with this repair, have a certified professional continue this repair for you.

3. Cannot remove heating /ventilation module to get access to the heater core