Q: Cannot move car - 2000 Honda Civic

Hello, My car has been siting for more than 3 months almost now and when i started her up and took it to check oils and other things they were okay bought some supplies. When leaving on the road the car would highly accelerate but not advance , it is an automatic. Can`t go reverse or in any drive mode so i turned it off and waited then went again but did not advance more than 60feet each time. Friends have said maybe transmission oil is needed. When i check it i made the error of when it was turned off not on how it should be i guess. I have left it on for a while and checked it again but can not get an accurate amount since it is splashing everywhere. any ideas of the problem ?

thank you

If a car is parked for a lengthy period, the brakes will often rust and then "drag" when you try to move the car. If the difficulty getting the car to move appeared right away, that is right when you first attempted to drive it, your brakes might be dragging. If the problem occurred later, though, you either have the wrong level of transmission fluid (too low or too high), the clutches or bands within the transmission are slipping, or there is a problem with the valve body or shift linkage. A certified specialist from YourMehcanic can check the transmission fluid and do a brake inspection.

3. Cannot move car - 2000 Honda Civic