Q: Can you tell me what part number is the wear sleeve that you referred to when replacing the front crankshaft oil seal?

I am having the front crankshaft oil seal and would like to install a wear sleeve. Can you help me find that part?

Fel-Pro (a main vendor) does not appear to have a catalog entry for your specific application (the 6.4L diesel). Make sure that you really do need a sleeve and also rule out the possibility of a very slight, but carefully measured, re-positioning of the oil seal could eliminate contact with the grooved segment (the damaged area). If you do need a sleeve, and there is no catalog entry, simply measure the shaft diameter and consult the standard sleeve catalogs wherein sizes are specified for every conceivable application. Two such catalogs are Speedi-sleeve and Redi-sleeve. If you desire, a certified mechanic can inspect what you have, see if a sleeve is necessary and then procure the right sleeve and install it along with the new seal. To request that service, please refer to YourMechanic’s cranksfaft seal replacement service page.

3. Can you tell me what part number is the wear sleeve that you referred to when replacing the front crankshaft oil seal?