Q: Can you please figure out what could be the problem so I can fix it?

I was on my way out of town going 70mph and the speed limit was changing to 55mph so I put the clutch in and as soon as I did that the rpm shot right up to redline then down to 5000 and continued to do so as if I was revving. It would continue to do so until I slowed down to around 50-60mph or it would stop sometimes when I just take my foot of the clutch. Also when I'm using cruise control I tested to see what would happen if I pressed cancel without putting in the clutch pedal, giving any gas, or taking it out of gear. The rpm's stayed at around 3000 and the car would go forward and backwards on its own.

3. Can you please figure out what could be the problem so I can fix it?