Q: Can you confirm the diagnosis before I book a technician?

Yesterday, my blinkers stopped working even though my flashers work. Today my battery light went on. I went to a shop and had them test the battery. It was showing 10% even though it is fairly new. When I started the car, the rep said it was only showing 11 volts instead of 13 and therefore my alternator was going because it wasn't charging the battery. Can you confirm this is correct before I schedule a technician with your service?

Hi, thanks for writing in. Unfortunately, the diagnosis cannot be confirmed unless the system is checked and diagnosed by a mechanic, as the issue could happen for different reasons. The parts store only does a preliminary check and sees the voltage is low and stops there and says what may be a possible problem. You can make an appointment for our service to come and diagnose the system completely and request a new alternator to be replaced if needed. You can request a mechanic come put in an alternator but they would not be responsible if the parts store diagnosed it wrong and you may have paid for repair that was not needed.